Are you enabled for the Next Disruptive Technology?
We live in a highly competitive, well interconnected and a dynamic world where the organizations are faced with substantial challenges to win market shares and new customers. Enterprises clearly understand how to take advantage of technology and innovate, be more effective in rapid innovation that enables an accelerated growth for their organizations. Technology has changed both our personal and professional lives. Social media, mobile apps and push notifications have significantly increased our productivities and connectivity.
"In order to improve Time-To-Market and productivity, utilization of Rapid Application Development is highly recommended"
Technology is heavily embedded in businesses today and substantially impacts a success of a business and its relationship with their customers. Here are few examples of the companies with Disruptive Technologies:
Tesla Cars is disruptive both for their innovation in electric cars and the way to market and sell new vehicles.
Uber is disruptive in the way we think about public transportation and service industry in general with operations in 25 countries and 60 cities.
Big Data, cloud, mobile and social media are top of the mind topics for everyone, affecting enterprises and the way they conduct business today. There trends have changed our lives in terms of how we think and utilize mobile, webs and applications in general. This means that the modern enterprises need to think about development of applications for— 1) Ease of use with great user interfaces, 2) Rapid development and deployment, 3) Leveraging all the available technologies and ability to connect to variety of data sources and 4) Enhance functionality and portability demonstrating security of data.
Recommendation for Application Development
In order to improve Time-To-Market and productivity, utilization of Rapid Application Development is highly recommended. Here are some recommended approaches:
• Think of User First. This is probably the most important aspect of any applications. One truly needs to understand the demographic and cultural aspect of users and furthermore the intention of use.
• Select a PaaS (Platform as a Service) that supports your current needs and offers technologies to enable your future growth. Here are characteristics of productively aPaaS vs. control aPaaS.
- High Productivity aPaaS
- Easy to use
- Fast, rapid results
- Includes development environment
- Targets GUI developers
- High Control aPaaS
- Cloud-enables existing approaches
- Focused on DevOps / deployment
- Uses existing development tools
- Targets traditional
- Do not focus only on the development stage as is it very important to consider every stage of the software supply chain, including:
- Manage Your Users and App
- Deploy your apps on any device or cloud
- Assemble apps that leverage your data
- Clearly determine your XaaS strategy (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS). Areas to consider are; Operating System, Network, Bandwidth, Database services (Relational, NoSQL), Storage, Local and Regional challenges, Load Balancing, Auto-Scaling Support and SLAs
Impact of your Decision
In order to speed your custom development efforts, different developer skill sets and different technologies you may need to leverage technology that lets you capitalize on your data and deliver powerful applications that will take your business to the next level.
Progress Pacific includes a service-based PaaS that delivers the technology you need to develop and deploy apps faster, in either a high-productivity or high-control platform, or both, from Modulus—a Progress company.
At Progress we’re providing the options your business needs to thrive right now and in the future. Progress Pacific PaaS provides a cloud-native solution to develop and deploy apps faster. Progress Rollbase, the rapid application development capability of Progress Pacific, gives you an intuitive, easy-to-use approach that removes the complexities of application development and data access, so developers and businesses can focus on solving critical market challenges and business problems. Modulus is a high-control platform that allows developers working with Node.js and MongoDB the ability to easily host, scale and manage Node.js applications. This means you free your developers to focus on building amazing, disruptive and innovative applications and eliminate work involved in their deployment and management.
Progress Pacific is an intuitive, easy-to-use platform where the complexities of application development and data access are removed, enabling developers and businesses to focus on solving their market challenges and business problems.